I have been looking into what apps I will put on the image for iPads at the Jakarta World Academy. Here is a list of my Top 10 Apps:
1. Drawing Pad - drawing, stickers, stamps and more! The finished pictures can be saved on the iPad or emailed to parents.
2. Clicky Sticky - Make wonderful pictures with moving stickers and sound effects. It actually creates pictures but students could make their own live puppet shows (as the stickers move and make noise) and then email the finished picture to their parents.
3.My First Words (accepts Chinese characters) Make your own flash cards with voice over.
4. Elias Farms - tap to hear the sounds, swipe to move around the farm. (FREE)
5. Virtuoso Piano - play a double keyboard on your iPad - great sound!! (FREE)
6. Shape Builder - a puzzle app that includes sounds and animation (FREE version is great!)
7. Toy Story - a fantastic 3D digital book that includes animations, activities and games. Parents can even record themselves reading for their child to listen to over and over again. (FREE)
8. I Close My Eyes - a beautiful 3D digital story with voice, sound effects and animation. I have used this with classes as an introduction to digital storytelling.
9. iReading Stories Collection - English and Chinese. This wonderful collection of stories includes versions in English and in Chinese within the app. Children can tap on the pictures for extra sound effects. (FREE version includes one story)
10. Feed Me Mandarin Chinese - Feed the cute monster whatever he is asking for in Chinese. (FREE)